Environmental Health Division
The Environmental Health division of CLCPH promotes and protects human health and wellbeing, and fosters a safe, healthy environment through assessment, policy development, and assurance.
The well-qualified staff is charged with the surveillance and control of Environmental Health programs that affect our daily lives, such as food, water, sewerage, disease investigations, and all-hazards response events.
In addition to providing a comprehensive list of services to Cheyenne and Laramie County, the EH division also:
- Reviews proposed residential and commercial developments submitted to the City of Cheyenne or Laramie County Planning Offices
- Consults with developers and interested citizens about environmental and health-related impacts of development proposals
- Testifies at the City or Laramie County Planning Commission meetings, City Council and Board of Commissioner land use hearings about the public health aspects of development proposals
Public Health Nursing Division
The Public Health Nursing division of CLCPH is also a section within the Community and Family Health Division of the Wyoming Health Department.
As a whole, public health nursing focuses on population health, with the intent to promote health and wellness, prevent disease, disability and premature death, and improve quality of life. Their practice emphasizes primary prevention with the goal of achieving health equity.
To protect and enhance the health and well-being of all Laramie County residents, and see that risks are identified and served, the PHN division focuses on:
- Preventing the spread of disease
- Preventing injuries
- Promoting healthy behavior
- Responding to disasters
- Increasing access to health care
Public Health Response Division
This multidisciplinary team of public health professionals is available to respond to large public health emergencies, including bioterrorism events and natural disasters. They’re also responsible for the following programs and initiatives:
- Community Readiness Initiative (CRI)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Natural Disaster
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Response Planning